THIS IS NOT MAIN RAMBLING STUFF BLOG.

PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THIS IS NOT THE MAIN RAMBLING STUFF IT CAN BE FOUND HERE!!!!!!!

CLEVELAND MY HOMETOWN

CLEVELAND MY HOMETOWN
BORN HERE RAISED HERE AND WILL PASS AWAY AND BE BURIED HERE AS WELL.

My Hammered Dulcimer

My Hammered Dulcimer
There are various Hammered Dulcimer postings from YouTube of different tunes, and NO I'm not playing any of them.

The Hammered Dulcimer

The hammered dulcimer is an ancient trapezoidal musical instrument played by striking the strings with wooden hammers. Originating in the Middle East about 2000 years ago, English soldiers brought the instrument back to England after their failed attempt to conquer Persia during the Crusades about 1000 years ago. Dulcimers have many names in many lands: santur in the Middle East, yang q'in in China, hackbrett in Austria, zither in Germany, and cymbalom in Hungary. The name "dulcimer" is derived from Latin, meaning "sweet sound". Hammered dulcimers were popular in England during the reign of James I, when the Bible was translated into English as the King James Bible. The dulcimer was mentioned in the Book of Daniel 3:5 among other instruments "..the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, dulcimer, and all kinds of music..." The dulcimer was later mechanized to become what we now know as the harpsichord which later evolved in the piano.

NATIONAL SUICIDE PROVENTION LIFELINE

With Help Comes Hope

Veterans Hotline & Online Chat
Are you a veteran in emotional distress? Please call 1-800-273-TALK and press 1 to be routed to the Veterans Suicide Prevention Hotline.
ORVeterans chat live with a counselor.


Are you in crisis? Please call 1-800-273-TALK
Are you feeling desperate, alone or hopeless? Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255), a free, 24-hour hotline available to anyone in suicidal crisis or emotional distress. Your call will be routed to the nearest crisis center to you.

I URGE ANYONE THAT NEEDS TO MAKE THIS CALL TO PLEASE DO SO.YOU ARE A PRECIOUS HUMAN BEING,YOU ARE SOMEONE'S LOVED ONE. GOD KNOWS WE ALL GO THROUGH A CRISIS AND NEED THE HELP.PLEASE CHOOSE LIFE!

I HAVE CHOSEN TO LIVE AND I HOPE THAT OTHERS DO THE SAME.

My Playlist - Find A Song - Click It To Play It.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

today has not been fun.

well today has not started out well.Celestine who is a Type 1 diabetic,she had an extremely low blood sugar( she was not responding to me).I used an emergency injection to bring up her sugar levels.She was not responding well and I called for an EMS squad.They arrived here gave her some glucose gel in addition to what I did.While this was going on I ended up having a seizure.They wanted to transport bot of us to the hospital.we refused the transport.due to the fact all the hospital would have done was to "monitor" us and send us back home costing us $100.00 bucks each in co-pays. Every thing was fine by 8:45 am.We both had to sign electronic paper work saying that we were refusing to be transported AMA(against medical advice).

12 Comments:

Mari said...

I'm sorry Mike. That's a rotten way to start the day. My daughter is a type 1 diabetic also and those lows are scary!

Awake In Rochester said...

WOW! So sorry to hear that, but Im glad that your both ok. I hope that you get some rest tonight. Maybe you can celebrate another day.

Just Breathe said...

That is so sad. I am so glad that you are better.

Catherine said...

You're in my prayers.

Sandee said...

I hope the day is better now. Got of to a rocky start you both did. I'll pray for the both of you.

Have a terrific rest of the day Mike. Big hug. :)

Matty said...

Gosh, so sorry Mike. Hope you both are feeling better. Those dastardly medical bills keep people from going for treatment.

Audrinna said...

I'm so sorry you both had bad morning

Amias said...

I am glad I started celebrating your birthday early ... I hoped it would bring you some joy. I am so sorry to hear about the pains you and your beloved wife is suffering. God bless both of you.

Mike Golch said...

Mari,that was no fun this mornig for sure.especially when you feel a cold and totally wet arm next to you.

AIR,we will be Ok.Friday(91/22/09) is Officially my Birthday,and I'm getting a home made surf and turf dinner and cake. How luck can on person be?

Just Breathe,it just takes time for the treatments to work for Celestine.

Catherine,thank you.

Sandee,Thank you.The day for me has not been great.I'm glad that we have each other to helps each other when we need it.

Audrinna,this juts happens,we have no control on when and where a low blood sugar or a seizure will happen.We just have to be ready to deal with it.That's all we can do.

Matty,once we were feeling better there was really no need to go to the hospital.the E/R really don't do muck and cost an arm and a leg.Not exactlly my cup of tea.

Amias,We celebrate a lot of things on a daily basis.One is my soberity,Celestine quite drinking as well.she did not have to I was the dependant one.She quite to help support me in my quest to stay sober.Just as I made several adjustments in what I would eat and drink in order to make it easier for her.I guess that's why on 2 March 2009 we will be Celebrating our 30th Wedding Anaversary.

Buggys said...

That really is a lousy start to the day. I hope you are both feeling better shortly.

AirmanMom said...

my prayers are lifted for you and celestine. may tomorrow be a brighter day.
~AM

Mike Golch said...

buggys,well the day has continued to be lousy for me.I had several small seizures since this morning.I'm glad that bedtime is only a hour and a half away.

AirmanMom,thank you.I just hope Friday is a good day.I'd really be upset if the day went badly.After your Real Birthday only happens one a year.you birthday of soberity is a good day as well.