THIS IS NOT MAIN RAMBLING STUFF BLOG.

PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THIS IS NOT THE MAIN RAMBLING STUFF IT CAN BE FOUND HERE!!!!!!!

CLEVELAND MY HOMETOWN

CLEVELAND MY HOMETOWN
BORN HERE RAISED HERE AND WILL PASS AWAY AND BE BURIED HERE AS WELL.

My Hammered Dulcimer

My Hammered Dulcimer
There are various Hammered Dulcimer postings from YouTube of different tunes, and NO I'm not playing any of them.

The Hammered Dulcimer

The hammered dulcimer is an ancient trapezoidal musical instrument played by striking the strings with wooden hammers. Originating in the Middle East about 2000 years ago, English soldiers brought the instrument back to England after their failed attempt to conquer Persia during the Crusades about 1000 years ago. Dulcimers have many names in many lands: santur in the Middle East, yang q'in in China, hackbrett in Austria, zither in Germany, and cymbalom in Hungary. The name "dulcimer" is derived from Latin, meaning "sweet sound". Hammered dulcimers were popular in England during the reign of James I, when the Bible was translated into English as the King James Bible. The dulcimer was mentioned in the Book of Daniel 3:5 among other instruments "..the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, dulcimer, and all kinds of music..." The dulcimer was later mechanized to become what we now know as the harpsichord which later evolved in the piano.

NATIONAL SUICIDE PROVENTION LIFELINE

With Help Comes Hope

Veterans Hotline & Online Chat
Are you a veteran in emotional distress? Please call 1-800-273-TALK and press 1 to be routed to the Veterans Suicide Prevention Hotline.
ORVeterans chat live with a counselor.


Are you in crisis? Please call 1-800-273-TALK
Are you feeling desperate, alone or hopeless? Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255), a free, 24-hour hotline available to anyone in suicidal crisis or emotional distress. Your call will be routed to the nearest crisis center to you.

I URGE ANYONE THAT NEEDS TO MAKE THIS CALL TO PLEASE DO SO.YOU ARE A PRECIOUS HUMAN BEING,YOU ARE SOMEONE'S LOVED ONE. GOD KNOWS WE ALL GO THROUGH A CRISIS AND NEED THE HELP.PLEASE CHOOSE LIFE!

I HAVE CHOSEN TO LIVE AND I HOPE THAT OTHERS DO THE SAME.

My Playlist - Find A Song - Click It To Play It.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, July 20, 2009

My 1,000 th POSTING,A REFLECTION OF PAST,PRESENT AND FUTURE.

As the say says the 1,000Th posting.My reflection of my past present and Future.
Well folks here go the big milestone.
One of the suggestions was to hold a virtual blog party,I would if I knew how.
One of the other suggestiohs was to show how I started and how the blog has progressed. I did some of that and I did a perspective on how I got to this point.


I think I will start with the first posting that I did:
the title of this first posting was called Stuff.

Well I guess I must confess that 1)I'm new at this 2) I will probably come across as being silly,but who cares. 3)if common ties had not changed it's format I probably would never be doing this.I really enjoyed the stories that I have read and commented on.

3 comments:

Grandy said...

Well...welcome aboard Mike!! :)

It's crazy fun here in the blogosphere. I only started in October, and I'm hooked.

Happy New Year!!
Monday, December 31, 2007 3:05:00 AM EST
Kelly O said...

Welcome! We're happy to have you here. :)
Thursday, January 3, 2008 7:21:00 PM EST
Mike Golch said...

Grandy thank you for stopping by.
Kelly O thanks for the comment as well.Mike
That being said I still enjoy reading the stories written on the different blogs that I follow.
The more thing change they stay the same.I still do not care if I come across as silly.
that being said those that have been following me has seen the direction of this blog change in different ways. once upon of time it was filled with rants against products,and people,and things that just aggravated me to no end. Sometimes my post still do. Now I also celebrate life and ask for prayers for those that need it.

Let's explore the side of me that does not get mentioned as much as maybe it should.I have been know to pull the most stupidest stunts while growing up. Once my partner in crime Irv and I played urban wall climbing,we started out on a street called Train Ave.Right below a bridge carrying Fulton road over it.Mind you between the two of them was a lot of space.I do not know the exact distance it is from the top of the bridge down to Train Ave.Nor do I really want to.All I know is that we climbed up to the top of the bridge via the supporting wall and a brick building.It took a long time for 2 teenagers to climb it,and by the time we reached the top of it we were 2 tuckered out kids.Our parents never knew about this stunt,good thing we would have been grounded for life. At my Mom's wake in 2003 Irv's sister Judy finally spilled the beans about this stunt.Irv's Mom Betty shot me such a look to say you did what?I think she would have grounded Irv if she had the chance.there were other dumb thing we did when were kids.What kid does not do these thing.I think that is where the saying that what does not kill you makes you stronger.
Fast forward to senior High School,I attended Max S.Hayes vocation training high school.I majored in Electronics.I'm not saying I was the most ambitious kid there I could have applied my self a lot more.One of the other Kids at the High School was Rodger Golba he and I were the class clowns.As every one know you have the Valedictorian an the Salutatorian.(the top 2 of the class)
Rodger and I ended up as the VAl and Sal of the other.Rodger was the val and I was the sal of the other end.I am not proud of my performance in school. Our class the class of January 1971 were the last January graduating class of the school.As of July 1971 there was only the June graduations from that point on.I am proud on one thing and That I that I am a Letterman. I have a big H that I was able to place on my high school jacket.so it was not for a glamorous sport like basketball or wrestling as those were the prime sports at the school.I got mine for being a (sigh) Cheerleader.
After Graduation I held several jobs losing the all because: 1) I was"too young" ,and here's my favorite one 2) "You do not have enough experience".How are you supposed to get the experience if you cannot keep the job??
So now this leads me to joining the service.at first I said I wanted to join the Navy as did one of my Cousins did.Dad would hear nothing of that Idea,we argued about which service I should go into.Finally we agreed on the US Air Force,after all He had served in the US Army Air Force and had been apart of the occupational forces in Japan after the war.
while in the service(1971-1974) I did a crazy thing when I got to my firstperminate(my squadron assignment) party base. I was part of the 2951st C.L.S.S.I had bought a Honda 350cc motorcycle.It really improved my sense of balance. that is where my drinking really took off.Among other things.(yes I did drugs as well,that stopped when I got married) when I turned 21 I got married for the first time by 26 I was divorced.while that was going on I really got my butt into trouble because of my drinking.You have to make sure you have money in the account when you rite the check.I thought I did,but when you live in an alcoholic fog you forget to keep track of the balance.Nedless to say I found my self in a bad place,and by the grace of God I did not got to jail.But that is for a different day.
Fast forward to today.After trying to believe I could handle my drinking(HAH) I finally ended up in A.A. for the longest time in my life.I had my last drink DECEMBER 17,1990.
I have been gratefully married to my second wife and my better half Celestine now for 29 years.
so now you know a lot more about me.I know there is still a lot more I can say and will in future posting.

0 Comments: